Do or Don’t: The Super-High, Super-Perky Ponytail

You know I love a good ponytail. But there’s something about placing it really high on the head that sometimes screams “Barbie!” or “Be aggressive! Be, be aggressive!”—you know, kind of cheerleader-y. Let’s take a look at it on actress Kiele Sanchez here:

0806-kiele-sanchez-pony-side_bd.jpg
Now, first, let me get this out of the way: I’m pretty sure this is a hairpiece. Not only is her hair a bit shorter than this in real life, but the way it’s sitting against her head looks like more a clip-on to me than a real ponytail.
08-06-kiele-sanchez-ponytail_bd.jpg
I have nothing against faux hair add-ons in theory or super high ponytails when they’re placed in the exact right spot (like Andrea pulled off here). But something about this style on Kiele bugs me. It's just too darn perky. If it were a half-inch lower, I think I could get on board.


What do you guys think? Are you a super-high pony fan in all situations? Only some of them? Is there a limit to how high you think people should go? Do you just not get the appeal? Have you played around with hairpieces yourself in the past? Discuss.





Taken from http://antiquedress.blogspot.com/